Altitude Marketing is hiring an Assistant Account Manager to join our tight-knit team of integrated marketing professionals.
Summary of Position
This entry-level position (recent college graduates and marketing professionals with up to three years of experience are encouraged to apply), is the perfect opportunity for candidates who are interested in marketing, have marketing experience – in the classroom or in the real world – and who have a passion for account management as it relates to marketing and technology.
The Assistant Account Manager will provide critical support for Altitude’s Account Management Team and is responsible for working with them to develop, implement and track marketing strategies and efforts to support Altitude clients’ business.
The Assistant Account Manager will work with the Account Management team as well as with the Manager, Production and Operations to communicate client needs to internal teams to ensure client expectations are being met in a timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of clients’ products, competition and marketing plans.
- Working with Account Management team and Manager, Production and Operations, to develop a detailed work plan for all deliverables (listed in LOA, contracted, assigned post-discovery process, and ad-hoc initiatives).
- Participate in creative kickoff meetings with production team, for retainer as well as all projects.
- Collaborate with Manager, Production and Operations and Account Management team to prioritize and manage project workload for production team.
- Initiate constant communication with Manager, Production and Operations and production team to ensure on-time delivery of initiatives.
- Attend daily Production Scrums.
- Attend weekly status meetings with client representative (via phone or in-person) to review schedules and priorities.
- Generate monthly marketing reports that highlight accomplishments, value add, and overages, for Account Management team to share with clients by the 15th of each month.
- Work with Manager, Production and Operations to input Account Management team expenses into billing system for reimbursement for travel.
- Participate in internal and external brainstorming sessions to ensure newsletter editorial topics calendar is populated in advance where possible.
- At discretion of Account Management team, serve as secondary liaison between client and Altitude.
- Under direction of Account Management team, create advertising plans including schedules and print and digital media ad buy proposals for clients as requested.
- Work with Account Management team to develop strategic marketing plan (annually) and update quarterly for each client.
- Work with Account Management team to compile results of quarterly competitive analyses for clients.
- Provide administrative support to Account Director and COO.
- Provide proofreading and copyediting assistance upon request.
- General office maintenance and errands as necessary.
Education, Experience & Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field, or related experience.
- Must be hyper-organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, independent worker that consistently exhibits initiative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong professional writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills a must.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple project deadlines at once in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and support multiple team members and projects.
- Must be able to rapidly get up to speed on new platforms, products and industries as well as new clients and client preferences.
- Must have excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Must know what he/she doesn’t know and not be afraid to ask for help, feedback, guidance.
- Must exercise good judgment.
- Must be able to work independently and have good time management skills to meet project deadlines and schedules.
- Must be disciplined, conscientious, analytical, dependable and organized.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
General office environment with open seating. Work is primarily conducted seated at a computer workstation for long periods. Primary means of communication include phone, email, and instant message. Necessary modes include climbing stairs, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, and standing. Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.