We’re Hiring: Graphic Designer
Altitude Marketing is looking for a graphic designer who is equal parts creative, strategic and practical. The ideal candidate will think like a marketer, understand our clients’ often-complex products, offerings and audiences and exhibit critical thinking skills. All with a positive and friendly attitude.
At Altitude, creative is driven by strategy. If you prefer to design for the sake of creating art, and defend your design based on trends or your own personal aesthetic, this position is not a good fit for you. If you get a thrill from the challenge of communicating specific attributes of a client’s product or service through compelling, memorable creative, there’s a good chance that you will enjoy the position.
The graphic designer will be responsible for art file layout, preflight, proofing, and final art setup for all assigned projects. You must be meticulous and detail-oriented in your approach to quality assurance. You will need to take art direction from our Creative Director and consistently exhibit the flexibility to shift the creative work from your own ideas in order to achieve the best result.
The Graphic Designer is expected to collaborate with Account Managers, Production Manager and Creative Director to prioritize their workload in order to meet all deadlines. This is an agency job, and you will be expected to be very proactive about getting work done and to exhibit a sense of urgency. Sometimes it will be necessary to come in early, stay late, or log on from home to get the work done.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create digital drawings or mockups of initial graphic concepts, photo manipulation
- Create accurate pre-press art proofs for internal/external review and approval
- Create accurate final art files, preflight, and package files for final output to printer
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of print processes and the production of error-free, large format work
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of space, scale, proportionality, and perspective
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner
- Work within tight deadlines and adhere to brand guidelines
- Partner with other team members to establish priorities across clients
- Demonstrate ownership of projects and the key accountabilities of the position
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Work with vendors to attain price quotes, coordinate print schedules, review proofs
- Research stock image databases for appropriate artwork
- Following all established SOPs and brand guidelines for each client
- Assisting photographers on client shoots, when necessary
TYPES OF PROJECTS
- Premium brochures and other collateral
- Direct mail
- Guides, white papers, ebooks, user guides
- Print ads
- Business cards and letterhead
- Branded promotional items
- Signage and posters
- Digital and retargeting ads
- Powerpoint presentations and templates
- Tradeshow booth panels, backdrops, banner stands, etc.
- Image assets for social media
- Web pages, landing pages
- Logo builds and other animations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a friendly, problem-solving attitude
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented with strong planning, execution, and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously with solid decision-making skills
- Willingness to accept and execute art direction from Creative Director
- Ability to generate collateral based on existing templates, primarily in InDesign
- Flexibility to shift the creative work from your own ideas in order to achieve the best result
- The confidence and ability to explain your design rationale, based on strategy (not design trends)
- A natural desire to go above and beyond to make the client happy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficiency in Powerpoint (Prezi, Keynote, Google Slides, SketchApp a plus)
- Proficiency in After Effects is a plus
- Bachelor degree in graphic design
- 1-2 years experience in a design or production design role; new grads with prior internship experience will be considered
- Knowledge of offset and digital printing processes and file preparation
WHAT SHOULD YOU BE PREPARED TO DO?
- Provide a resume and cover letter (using the form above right)
- Walk us through your design portfolio (print and/or electronic)
- Provide at least three professional references
- Take a Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign test
- Take a communications/work style assessment
Fill out the form below to apply!
About Altitude Marketing
Altitude focuses almost exclusively on technology-oriented B2B companies.
Our clients are in leading-edge industries that drive economic growth—software development, life sciences research, manufacturing, network monitoring, finance, surgical technology and alternative energy, just to name a few.