We’re Hiring: Junior Web Developer/Programmer
Altitude Marketing is looking for a web developer/programmer to assist our web department with maintaining the best possible sites for our clients.
Do you love solving problems on websites? Navigating oddities in server environments? Do you excel at finessing sites to make them faster, stronger and better? Well, then we may have a home for you at Altitude.
The position will be starting at 20 hours a week, but we see the role as being full-time in the future. The position can be remote, but would require once-a-month on-site visits to our Emmaus office for check-ins and meetings. Hours can be flexible as well, as long as the work is getting done, and time is logged in our PM tool.
Preferred locations for the ideal candidate would be either the Lehigh Valley or Pittsburgh, but we’re willing to be flexible for the perfect fit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has 3 years experience developing WordPress sites and all associated programming languages.
- Has excellent written and verbal skills, as they will be interfacing with clients.
- Has a mind for taking on tough issues, and dealing with code and server environments that may be confusing at first.
- Strives to make sites better, and offers up innovative solutions to improve site functionality.
- Is able to juggle several tasks at the same time, and does not leave tasks unfinished.
- Can analyze site speed and make improvements on the fly.
- Has experience with hosting environments (e.g. cPanel and Plesk), and can migrate a site quickly and efficiently.
- Can launch a website in a timely manner, regardless of time of day.
- Has no problem checking in often, and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Is curious to learn new technologies and tools to help improve our work.
- Has experience designing and coding for a seamless website experience across all devices and browsers.
- Has an eye for design, and is able to think outside of the box to help create awesome digital experience.
- WordPress site fixes and development of new templates, widgets, and add-ons.
- Proactively looking at site speed and making improvements.
- Aiding in site launches and migrations.
- QC/QA of all sites in various stages of development.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Working within our project management tool, and keeping their duties and time logs up-to-date.
- Regularly checking in with all members of the web team for status updates.
- Making suggestions for site improvements, and implementing those improvements.
- Understanding our clients’ needs, and effectively communicating with them to solve problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in the web field.
- Experience with PHP, CSS, JS, HTML, JQuery, and other programming languages.
- Experience in design and/or prototyping tools is a plus.
Fill out the form below to apply!
About Altitude Marketing
Altitude focuses almost exclusively on technology-oriented B2B companies.
Our clients are in leading-edge industries that drive economic growth—software development, life sciences research, manufacturing, network monitoring, finance, surgical technology and alternative energy, just to name a few.