We’re Hiring: Intern – Market Research
Altitude Marketing is seeking an intern who can bring professional curiosity and devotion to data to the team – and who will gain an understanding of how to leverage research in service to an effective marketing strategy in return.
About the Role
The Market Research intern will work with the Director Marketing Research to support Altitude’s clients, internal account teams, and sales department with ongoing audience, competitor and industry insights, including surveys and speciality projects as needed. The role will also include some sales enablement support.
If you are a flexible team player who is inquisitive, organized, detail-oriented and analytical with a creative bent, you may be a good fit for this paid internship. A familiarity with common marketing technology platforms is desirable but not required.
Altitude is a close-knit group that works collaboratively and our market research is always in service to a broader strategy. Additionally, all of our interns do actual work for our clients, not busy work, and get the benefit of being immersed in a real agency experience.
- Collect key marketing metrics for clients or prospects and their competitors such as site performance, organic SEO, paid digital advertising efforts, brand messaging, etc.
- Analyze the metrics and draft insights summaries that highlight the most valuable pieces of information
- Build client- or prospect-facing reports using Airtable, Excel and other platforms
- Work with the design team on compelling visual presentations
- Schedule and sit in on interviews between client stakeholders and Director Marketing Research
- Evaluate interview notes and draft stakeholder reports highlighting critical takeaways
Digital Presence Research
- Gather and report on digital trends, campaign evolutions, marketing channels, social media activities/advertising, paid search, display advertising, etc. for select brands.
- Program and maintain semi-automated media monitoring for select clients
- Analyze mentions for valuable intelligence, summarize and share with client account teams
- Learn how to write industry intelligence summaries
- Learn how to collect and assess digital marketing data with an emphasis on insight
- Learn how to write research briefs
- Assist with writing, programming and reporting on surveys as needed
- Stay apprised of new tools and platforms used at Altitude that could be mined for insight
- Make recommendations to manager on opportunities to improve market research at Altitude including client needs, approach, technologies, reporting and/or presentation styles
- College Junior or Senior majoring in market research, marketing, journalism, business communications, marketing analytics.
- Strong analytical and writing communication skills.
- Natural sense of curiosity and desire to learn new things and new methods.
- Experience writing and reporting on surveys.
- An understanding of digital marketing technologies such as Semrush desired but not required.
- Minimum 10 hours per week, with a hybrid mix of onsite and virtual anticipated.
We are committed to a high-performing team culture, inclusive to all and free of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law.