If you are curious, self-driven and a solid writer who can quickly research often-complex topics to create intelligent copy that elicits action and create that content on deadline, we want to talk to you.
You’ll be writing an array of content types, including SEO-ready blogs; white papers and guides; case studies; ad copy; print collateral and more.
This position is an in-agency, part-time opportunity in Altitude’s Emmaus office. The successful candidate will complete deadline-based client work and will require client-facing interviews and occasional client meetings. There is potential for this to grow into a full-time opportunity.
The successful candidate will be required to exhibit a high degree of flexibility, stay on task and work within tight timelines. You’ll have a sense of urgency, thrive in an environment where the best-laid plans may change at a moment’s notice and be driven by facts. You’ll exhibit impeccable follow-through skills, take initiative and be able to dive into assignments that may or may not have detailed instructions. You won’t be afraid to speak up with new ideas, new ways of doing things or to raise your hand when you have questions.
I want to join Team Altitude!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Have experience writing for health care, life sciences, technology, manufacturing and/or finance industries
- Meet deadlines
- Be clear writers/journalists
- Be curious and interested in continuous learning
- Exhibit flexibility
- Be efficient at researching and digesting a wide variety of complex topics and creating content based on that research, often with a same-day turn-around time
- Have solid interviewing skills to draw out details from clients, customers and others to get to the seed of a story
- Be independently driven and professional
- Possess impeccable spelling and grammar skills
- Ensure all content follows established brand styles set forth by assigned clients
- Be an impeccable communicator, able to distill complex concepts into straightforward and compelling narratives or clips
- Write and repurpose short- and long-form content for blog posts, webpages, print collateral, thought leadership, white papers, premium assets and other outlets as needed
- Initiate new ideas for content for assigned clients
- Write/edit social media posts across a variety of channels
- Interface directly with a variety of clients and their internal experts and lead calls, interviews
- Interview clients to gather details related to a particular topic, an industry, or to understand their particular differentiators in the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, writing, communications, or related field
- Ideal for candidates with 5+ years of experience
- The adaptability to write in a variety of styles, tones and voices
- A basic understanding of SEO and its implementation
- Experience working on tight, daily deadlines
- Experience producing both long- and short-form content
- Experience in one (or more) of the key industries we serve in the B2B space: health care; life sciences; technology; manufacturing; finance
- Clear and concise writing and editing skills with a natural sense of curiosity
- Critical thinking skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word. Previous exposure to the WordPress CMS, email marketing platforms and marketing automation platforms is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple project deadlines at once in a high-pressure environment and the flexibility to adapt when necessary
- Must be collaborative but also be able to work independently
- Must have sense of urgency to meet deadlines and shift priorities when necessary
- Must be self-motivated and have good time management skills to meet project deadlines and schedules
- Must be able to work in a team setting and support multiple team members and projects