We’re Hiring: Public Relations & Social Media Specialist
We are currently hiring a public relations and social media professional to our team who will be based in our Emmaus, Pennsylvania office.
As a PR & Social Media Specialist you will be responsible for earning valuable media placements and raising the visibility for our roster of global clients via Social Media — in their respective industries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll work with the Director, PR and Communications, client engagement managers and strategists to develop and implement clients’ public relations strategies, including developing PR plans, writing press releases and pitches, setting up relevant media interviews and more. You’ll also help drive and support clients’ social media efforts to increase their visibility.
In addition, you will be adept at uncovering awards and speaking opportunities for clients to speak at industry events, writing compelling submissions for those opportunities, and getting media attention at trade shows.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a minimum of three (3) years of relevant PR and social media agency and/or in-house corporate or B2B technology PR experience.
- Is a strong writer and communicator, a flexible team player, proactive, organized and curious.
- Is well-rounded and interested in the world around them, with a broad understanding of what is unfolding in the news – with an ability to connect the dots between that news and how Altitude clients may be able to weigh in on the conversation at-hand.
- Can think creatively about topical news and how it relates to clients’ opinions, points of view and products, service and capitalize on those news items for timely news pitches, responses.
- Is detail-oriented.
- Has demonstrable media relations skills – and the clips to prove it.
- Has experience with press release distribution services.
- Has run successful B2B social media campaigns.
- Managing media relations for select clients in a variety of B2B industries, including financial services, insurance, manufacturing, life sciences and information technology.
- Monitoring media for coverage and developing industry trends in clients’ industries in order to position them as thought leaders.
- Developing PR strategies to support product launches, thought leadership, product reviews, and more.
- Developing and executing social media plans on behalf of our clients, including monitoring and engaging as necessary.
- Writing and distributing regular client marketing communications, including press releases and website news items.
- Maintaining media lists, ensuring they remain up-to-date and actively nurturing relationships with key reporters, publications, websites, media.
- Identifying award and speaking opportunities; writing and submitting entries.
- Managing exhibitor communications as they relate to public relations, including distribution of press lists, coordination of exhibitor announcements at events, assistance in coordinating media tours and exhibitor/media meeting spaces, managing exhibitor center PR tasks and other exhibitor communications-related needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, social media, English, journalism or related field
- Experience and comfort in communicating through a variety of media, including phone, web, social media, email
- Experience in creating and managing a strategic PR and social media plans for both digital and traditional media
- Excellent research and writing skills (with clips to prove it)
- Ability to ingest, understand and translate technical concepts
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, project management systems, PR media and clipping services, such as Cision, Businesswire or PRNewswire, PRWeb, Hootsuite, Sprout Social or other social media scheduling tools.
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle various tasks simultaneously under multiple deadlines – strong time management abilities required.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-through and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with multiple teams and take direction from multiple individuals.
- Hybrid in office (Emmaus) and work from home
- Proactive problem-solving skills with a team-oriented work approach.
Fill out the form below to apply!
About Altitude Marketing
Altitude focuses almost exclusively on technology-oriented B2B companies.
Our clients are in leading-edge industries that drive economic growth—software development, life sciences research, manufacturing, network monitoring, finance, surgical technology and alternative energy, just to name a few.