Altitude focuses almost exclusively on technology-oriented B2B companies.
Our clients are in leading-edge industries that drive the economy—software development, life sciences research, manufacturing, network monitoring, finance, surgical technology and alternative energy, just to name a few.
We are currently looking to add a Senior Client Engagement Management (CEM) to Team Altitude to support our growing roster of international clients. While some agencies call this position an “account executive” or “account manager,” we use “CEM” because it connotes actively keeping the client connected, engaged and involved throughout every project with their core team at Altitude. The position is responsible for creating work, orchestrating the internal team to get that work done, and for managing every client assignment from start to finish.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Senior CEM, you will be the primary liaison between Altitude Marketing and the client. You’ll think like the client, anticipate the client’s needs, and ensure that their interests are being fully served by the Altitude team and deliver exceptional.
We’ll expect you to get up to speed fast on a client’s jargon and industry space, and to grasp technical concepts well enough to be an effective partner.
It’s a rewarding position, but it’s not for the faint of heart. As a Senior CEM, you need to have a thick skin, a positive attitude and relentless problem-solving drive. You’ll need to be a critical thinker that’s resourceful, quick on your feet and be able to juggle multiple priorities at once – while making it look seamless. You’ll also need to be comfortable working with an internal team, C-level executives, business owners, entrepreneurs and communicating your expertise respectfully so that the best interest of Altitude’s clients are served.
I want to join Team Altitude!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Will have at least five years of previous account management experience in a fast-paced environment, such as a marketing, advertising or PR agency, within the marketing department of an organization or similar setting.
- Has a proven track record in successfully setting expectations with clients, ensuring they are well managed, happy with the service being provided to them.
- Will think like a marketer and be able to problem solve by identifying, recommending and overseeing the implementation of a variety of digital and traditional marketing strategies and tools.
- Will be a consummate team player, be able to deftly handle differences in opinion and communication styles within the internal team – some of whom are C-level and/or hold more senior positions and roles – to ensure client goals and deliverables are successful.
- Is able to walk away from client and internal meetings with a list of action items, understand how each of those items contributes to the overall goal of the client and get those action items in the work queue.
- Can confidently analyze and discuss marketing performance data.
- Is outgoing. Do you get energized by talking to people in-person, on the phone and working with them to help them reach their business goals and problem-solve?
- Isn’t afraid to have sometimes-challenging conversations to ensure agency/client partnership is successful and stays on track.
- Enjoys meeting and working with new people with diverse backgrounds and work styles.
- Has an eye for details and mindful of deadlines so they are met on time and within budget.
- Is curious. Do you enjoy learning about industries, products and technologies that you never knew existed?
- Is adept at juggling multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously – and makes it look easy.
- Will demonstrate creativity, organization and initiative.
- Spearheading new client onboarding efforts, setting agendas for discussion and driving the implementation of a client strategy.
- Maintaining open channel of communication with clients, demonstrating exceptional follow up and follow through skills.
- Attending client events as needed (including travel to tradeshows).
- Leading project kickoff meetings both with clients and internal teams to clearly agree on budget, goals, creative, specifications and timing.
- Working with the production manager and production teams to set timelines for project completion to work within the client’s budget and production’s bandwidth.
- Ensuring that client-side deadlines are met.
- Assigning tasks to the internal production teams following client meetings to ensure it enters the work queue.
- Monitoring project progress to help ensure deadlines, quality and deliverables are on target.
- Holding regularly scheduled (weekly or bi-weekly) client phone calls and/or visits to provide detailed status updates (and to check client’s satisfaction level).
- Holding onsite quarterly business meetings with clients to ensure strategy and goals are being pursued and attained.
- Understanding the client’s space and business objectives to creatively problem solve, suggest ways to adjust course as needed to meet changing client and industry conditions.
- Seeking opportunities to increase existing clients’ retainer scope and add new appropriate projects.
- Successfully negotiate renewals of retainer clients.
- Attending networking events on behalf of Altitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role (account manager, client representative) in a fast-paced environment at a marketing/advertising agency, publishing company, marketing department within an organization, or similar.
- Frontline communication skills, with the battle-tested ability to manage both happy and unhappy clients and coworkers with poise, professionalism and a calm demeanor.
- Proven (and provable) ability to ingest, understand and translate technical concepts.