We’re Hiring: Fall Intern – Social Media & Communications
Altitude Marketing is seeking a fall intern in our PR & Communications Department who is a strong writer and has proven experience with writing and scheduling social media.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Social Media & Communications intern will work with Altitude Marketing’s PR & Communications team to develop, schedule, monitor and report on social media marketing. If you are a strong, creative writer who is open to learning about technical topics and has handled social media for an organization or group, you may be a good fit for this paid internship.
We’re seeking someone who is curious, organized and deadline-conscious to do real social media and communication work for our clients. The role may also include some public relations and communications work for Altitude and our clients.
- Research, write and coordinate approval process for client social media posts (variety of platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Schedule social media posts to ensure clients’ social media presence is current.
- Post using SproutSocial.
- Monitor social media as assigned.
- Create, update client social media accounts. Work with design team for necessary graphics.
- Stay apprised of new social media tools and platforms used at Altitude.
- Make recommendations to manager on improvements to clients social media presence.
- Work with Director PR/Comm to execute PR strategy on specific assigned accounts.
- Learn to write and distribute press releases.
- Learn how to create a media list.
- Learn how to research awards and speaking engagements for clients.
- College Junior or Senior with a major in public relations, journalism, marketing, social media.
- Experience writing and scheduling social posts for an organization.
- Strong understanding of social platforms and their differences.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Natural sense of curiosity and desire to learn new things and new methods.
- Minimum 10 hours per week, with a mix of onsite and virtual anticipated.
Fill out the form below to apply!
About Altitude Marketing
Altitude focuses almost exclusively on technology-oriented B2B companies.
Our clients are in leading-edge industries that drive economic growth—software development, life sciences research, manufacturing, network monitoring, finance, surgical technology and alternative energy, just to name a few.