We’re Hiring: Intern – Social Media & Communications
Altitude Marketing is seeking an intern in our PR & Communications Department who is a strong writer and has proven experience with writing and scheduling social media.
About the Role
The Social Media & Communications intern will work with Altitude Marketing’s PR & Communications team to develop, schedule, monitor and report on social media marketing. If you are a strong, creative writer who is open to learning about technical topics and has handled social media for an organization or group, you may be a good fit for this paid internship.
We’re seeking someone who is curious, organized and deadline-conscious to do real social media and communication work for our clients. The role may also include some public relations and communications work for Altitude and our clients.
We hire interns for fall, spring and summer semesters. While this is a paid internship, students may also apply for credit with their university.
- Research, write and coordinate approval process for client social media posts (variety of platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Schedule social media posts to ensure clients’ social media presence is current.
- Post using SproutSocial.
- Monitor social media as assigned.
- Create, update client social media accounts. Work with design team for necessary graphics.
- Stay apprised of new social media tools and platforms used at Altitude.
- Make recommendations to manager on improvements to clients social media presence.
- Work with Director PR/Comm to execute PR strategy on specific assigned accounts.
- Learn to write and distribute press releases.
- Learn how to create a media list.
- Learn how to research awards and speaking engagements for clients.
- College Junior or Senior or recent graduate with a major in public relations, journalism, marketing, social media.
- Experience writing and scheduling social posts for an organization.
- Strong understanding of social platforms and their differences.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Natural sense of curiosity and desire to learn new things and new methods.
- Minimum 10 hours per week, with a mix of onsite and virtual anticipated.
We are committed to a high performing team culture, inclusive to all and free of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law.