We’re Hiring: Content Writer
Altitude Marketing is hiring a full time content writer to ensure we are delivering top notch content for Altitude and our clients to drive website traffic and leads.
About the Role
The Content Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating compelling, SEO-driven content for Altitude and our roster of B2B technology clients. This will start in the form of weekly blogs (at 800+ words per blog) and grow into case studies, guides, core website content and feature-length articles. In addition to content creation, the person in this role will be responsible for interviewing clients or subject matter experts for each blog or piece of content they write, and assisting the content team in developing content strategies. This includes researching keywords, creating SEO content maps and tracking content KPIs.
Key Accountabilities and Essential Functions
Priority 1: Be Part of High Performing Work Team (10% of the week)
- Follow all company SOPs
- Have a can-do positive problem solving attitude
Priority 2: Content Creation (80% of the week)
- Work with Content Marketing Manager to maintain and build-out editorial calendars with relevant and potential content topics
- Conduct keyword research
- Serve as primary content writer on assigned clients and Altitude marketing. This will amount to writing or working on several blogs per day.
- Proofread and QC content when necessary
Priority 3: Content Distribution & Results (10% of the week)
- Post website content
- Draft social media posts for content you produce
- Build-out email newsletters with content you produce
- Distribute blogs and other content via email marketing
- Track content KPIs (traffic, organic keywords, conversions, etc.)
By the way, you’re going to write. A lot. So your cover letter matters.
Background Should Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, marketing or similar
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle various tasks simultaneously under multiple deadlines
- 1-3 years of relevant marketing experience (including internships)
- Self-directed and willing to learn new skills
We are committed to a high performing team culture, inclusive to all and free of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law.